Yesterday Steve and I spent our rainy Sunday in Newcastle. We weren’t able to sight see in Durham due to the weather so we went to the movies instead. We were going to see “Black Swan” so on the bus we jumped (I bought the bus tickets myself – first time trying that.) On our way, I suggested we go to see “The King’s Speech” instead. We arrived at the bus stop by the Newcastle Library and walked to the Tyneside theatre. Wow. It’s an old movie theatre that was renovated. (In the States, they just close them down.) There were red curtains, mosaic tiles and fancy carvings in the arches and such. And the concession stand included a full bar, coffee and popcorn (options of kettle or buttered – no extra butter options.) The movie was so nice. It was a proper British movie at a proper British theatre. All on a rainy, English Sunday that needed to end in a Sunday roast. We took the Metro (I got my own ticket there too!) We got to The Cluny which usually has quite good food but after the waitress talked to her hip friends and took their order, Steve was told “we’re not taking orders.” What? There was food being served (some being complained about too) but no food to be ordered for us? We left. I called to ask the kitchen what the story was. Apparently they only take orders every 30 minutes. Steve said that’s not something he’s ever heard of pubs doing. We walked on to the Quayside. We went to the Pitcher & Piano for Sunday roast. This worked out well for my new blog project: Suzanne’s Foodie Blog. Now I can document such new meals like Sunday Roast. (Yorkshire pudding is super tasty!) We finished the evening by watching most of the Superbowl.(Too bad neither of us understand what’s going on.) It was a very nice day and a great end to a fun weekend. Saturday Steve showed me how to get to Retail World so now I can walk to shops. I also have to phone my professor sometime soon too. Never had to do that before. I’ll be so glad when this term is over.
Suzanne Schultz Pick
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, podcaster, technological princess.
- The Tales of Missus P.
- Jack's Mum
- Jack's Mum Podcast
Jack’s Mum (my podcast)
- Happy New Year! It’s time to start preschool.
- Episode 12: Getting a toddler ready for Christmas
- Episode 11: After Covid we're getting on with things
- Episode 10: Covid Is Still Ruining My Plans after Freedom Day
- Episode 9: How Covid Can Still Ruin Your Plans
- Episode 8: Swimming, nursery, sickness, and Covid testing
- Episode 7: Taking a Toddler Out and About
- Episode 6: Self-Care
- Episode 5: Nursery
- Episode 4: Eating
- Goal-getting and all that
- Finding motivation on your commute through podcasts
- Reflections on my first year as an Avon Representative
- I’m obsessed with Build-A-Bear and I need help
- Making plans after a couple of uncertain years
- One of many posts about The Beastie Boys
- Do I Really Have a Book Inside of Me?
- On losing our last Golden Girl
- Don’t Look Up – a dark comedy with so much more
- How to start 2022 with writing goals
Awesome bllog you have here