Suzanne Schultz Pick
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, podcaster, technological princess.
- The Tales of Missus P.
- Jack's Mum
- Jack's Mum Podcast
Jack’s Mum (my podcast)
- Happy New Year! It’s time to start preschool.
- Episode 12: Getting a toddler ready for Christmas
- Episode 11: After Covid we're getting on with things
- Episode 10: Covid Is Still Ruining My Plans after Freedom Day
- Episode 9: How Covid Can Still Ruin Your Plans
- Episode 8: Swimming, nursery, sickness, and Covid testing
- Episode 7: Taking a Toddler Out and About
- Episode 6: Self-Care
- Episode 5: Nursery
- Episode 4: Eating
- Goal-getting and all that
- Finding motivation on your commute through podcasts
- Reflections on my first year as an Avon Representative
- I’m obsessed with Build-A-Bear and I need help
- Making plans after a couple of uncertain years
- One of many posts about The Beastie Boys
- Do I Really Have a Book Inside of Me?
- On losing our last Golden Girl
- Don’t Look Up – a dark comedy with so much more
- How to start 2022 with writing goals
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Working and writing–can it be done?
I’m going to throw this little post in while I have the chance. It’s half term and I’ve been at home for two days, yet I’ve still not gotten much done. I swear, the day goes by quick even when … Continue reading
Posted in All About Me, Books, Employment, School, Teaching, Writing Tagged career, fiction writing, multi-tasking, supply teaching Leave a comment
The driving begins
It’s almost June and it’s gotten cold enough to switch the space heater on in the living room. Surely I will live to be a ripe, old age because I’ll never thaw out. Where is summer? I know it’s been … Continue reading
Posted in All About Me, Employment, School, Shopping, Teaching, Technology, Travel Tagged Practical Driving Test, supply teaching, toyota auris Leave a comment
Pantsers, plotters, and a trip to Liverpool
Until today, I didn’t realize there were actual terms for people who plot and outline their novels before they write them, versus those who dive straight in and let the book tell itself. I’m sort of in the middle of … Continue reading
Posted in All About Me, Books, Travel, Writing Tagged creative writing, fiction writing, holiday, Hoylake, Liverpool, plot, vacation Leave a comment
Beta readers and writing thieves
I think a lot about Henry Miller’s writing commandments about how you should finish what you’re working on and not think about the other things you can write later. I know it’s common to just get bored, or stuck, or … Continue reading
Posted in All About Me, Books, Publishing, Writing Tagged beta readers, creative writing, fiction writing, self-publishing 4 Comments
Awesome bllog you have here