Today Steve and I celebrated Christmas. I got a British cookbook, a Stephen Fry biography, pyjamas, shower and bath soaps (Lush!) and all sorts of cool things. Last night we went to the Metro Centre, shopped for presents, ate chicken at Nando’s then came home to wrap what would go under the tree. Today I’m making the turkey and mashed potatoes. It’s been easier than I though to get use to being here. I’ve been here for one week and already I know how to get to the store on my own. I still have to figure out how to get to Retail World and the Metro Centre on the bus alone. At least I can get a taxi if I absolutely need to. I’ve had a wonderful post-Christmas so far. Jake is getting use to the place too. He’s bonded with Steve more now and we have a nice little family life going on here. Soon I’ll go to my interview to see if they’ll let me in to the university to start teacher training in the Fall. They sent me a letter to fill out, making sure they charged me the right amount for tuition. That has to be a good sign that they plan on letting me in.
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, podcaster, technological princess.
- Episode 11: After Covid we're getting on with things
- Episode 10: Covid Is Still Ruining My Plans after Freedom Day
- Episode 9: How Covid Can Still Ruin Your Plans
- Episode 8: Swimming, nursery, sickness, and Covid testing
- Episode 7: Taking a Toddler Out and About
- Episode 6: Self-Care
- Episode 5: Nursery
- Episode 4: Eating
- Episode 3: Sleep
- Episode 2: Shock
- Vinted App Pros (and lots of) Cons
- Baby Swimming Blues
- It’s time to write about being a mother
- Jack’s been doing well with a schedule.
- Since it was rainy and windy again today, Jack and I took another car ride.
- Jack and I took a ride in the car today since it was raining.
- Yesterday was a good day for Florida and The Space Coast.
- The last two days, we’ve enjoyed the sunshine by taking walks around the neighbourhood.
- Friday is a bank holiday to coincide with VE Day.