I’m writing this at 9:30 at night while I’m holding Jack. We’ve had a power cut and this poor sweaty child hasn’t had a bath. It doesn’t help that he decorated himself with apple sauce at lunchtime, but never mind.
Steve had to light the gas stove with a match to get some water boiled to make a bottle for Jack. I was tempted to go across the street and ask someone to heat a bottle for him in one of the neighbors’ microwaves but I didn’t have to.
Poor kid still is dirty.
I go back to work in two weeks. I am not pleased by this just because I feel like I’m abandoning Jack. Steve sees this as an opportunity for Jack to be somewhere else, playing with other kids, being part of the world, learning and doing and not being stuck in the house all day with us.
– LATER –
It is now Tuesday. The electricity went on at 10PM last night, so luckily we had some heat through the night. I’ll be so ready to get this baby into the bath tonight (and myself into the shower!)
I had a nice chat with one of the girls at work today, so they know to expect me in a couple of weeks. (My poor baby!)
It’s still raining and I doubt a family walk with by on the cards for the evening. This is all we can do — take walks when Jack isn’t napping or when the weather approves (so, rare).
I’m still struggling to get any real writing done, so 200 words a day is the best I can aim for. I want to get the YA series out of the door but, alas, time isn’t really a thing anymore. (And, yes, I know people say that’s not an excuse but when you have a one year old, that is the only thing you can concentrate on.)
Well, I’m being summoned once again by the man of the house, so here’s to randomly updated blog posts.
Oh! And I have a podcast now! Jack’s Mum is where I talk all about mummying.
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, podcaster, technological princess.
- Episode 10: Covid Is Still Ruining My Plans after Freedom Day
- Episode 9: How Covid Can Still Ruin Your Plans
- Episode 8: Swimming, nursery, sickness, and Covid testing
- Episode 7: Taking a Toddler Out and About
- Episode 6: Self-Care
- Episode 5: Nursery
- Episode 4: Eating
- Episode 3: Sleep
- Episode 2: Shock
- Episode 1: Introduction
- Vinted App Pros (and lots of) Cons
- Baby Swimming Blues
- It’s time to write about being a mother
- Jack’s been doing well with a schedule.
- Since it was rainy and windy again today, Jack and I took another car ride.
- Jack and I took a ride in the car today since it was raining.
- Yesterday was a good day for Florida and The Space Coast.
- The last two days, we’ve enjoyed the sunshine by taking walks around the neighbourhood.
- Friday is a bank holiday to coincide with VE Day.