I have my housewife routine down pretty well here. We get up at 8AM. I have breakfast with Steve, make his lunch, send him to work then do my thing in the day. I’ve been working on homework, taking walks, reading, shopping, watching BBC specials on literature and period piece television shows. I’ve baked (as Suzanne’s Foodie Blog has been showing) and even playing video games on the Xbox. Not having one of those for all my years really makes me feel deprived! At night there is quality time with movies, IT Crowd, and more video games. The weekends have been fun too. I’m still trying to figure out how to get to places other than the grocery store and Retail World so Steve’s been showing me other places nearby and how to get to them on the bus. A few weeks ago I took the metro in Newcastle too. I’ll get the hang of public transportation eventually. We’re coming up on March which means I have my graduate portfolio to get done in a few weeks too. May graduation is creeping closer. One lesson for today: if your Kindle freezes, don’t panic like I did. Take the power button, slide it to the right and hold it for 15 seconds then turn it back on. Select book and read as normal.
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, podcaster, technological princess.
- Episode 11: After Covid we're getting on with things
- Episode 10: Covid Is Still Ruining My Plans after Freedom Day
- Episode 9: How Covid Can Still Ruin Your Plans
- Episode 8: Swimming, nursery, sickness, and Covid testing
- Episode 7: Taking a Toddler Out and About
- Episode 6: Self-Care
- Episode 5: Nursery
- Episode 4: Eating
- Episode 3: Sleep
- Episode 2: Shock
- Vinted App Pros (and lots of) Cons
- Baby Swimming Blues
- It’s time to write about being a mother
- Jack’s been doing well with a schedule.
- Since it was rainy and windy again today, Jack and I took another car ride.
- Jack and I took a ride in the car today since it was raining.
- Yesterday was a good day for Florida and The Space Coast.
- The last two days, we’ve enjoyed the sunshine by taking walks around the neighbourhood.
- Friday is a bank holiday to coincide with VE Day.