I have my housewife routine down pretty well here. We get up at 8AM. I have breakfast with Steve, make his lunch, send him to work then do my thing in the day. I’ve been working on homework, taking walks, reading, shopping, watching BBC specials on literature and period piece television shows. I’ve baked (as Suzanne’s Foodie Blog has been showing) and even playing video games on the Xbox. Not having one of those for all my years really makes me feel deprived! At night there is quality time with movies, IT Crowd, and more video games. The weekends have been fun too. I’m still trying to figure out how to get to places other than the grocery store and Retail World so Steve’s been showing me other places nearby and how to get to them on the bus. A few weeks ago I took the metro in Newcastle too. I’ll get the hang of public transportation eventually. We’re coming up on March which means I have my graduate portfolio to get done in a few weeks too. May graduation is creeping closer. One lesson for today: if your Kindle freezes, don’t panic like I did. Take the power button, slide it to the right and hold it for 15 seconds then turn it back on. Select book and read as normal.
Suzanne Schultz Pick
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, podcaster, technological princess.
- The Tales of Missus P.
- Jack's Mum
- Jack's Mum Podcast
Jack’s Mum (my podcast)
- Happy New Year! It’s time to start preschool.
- Episode 12: Getting a toddler ready for Christmas
- Episode 11: After Covid we're getting on with things
- Episode 10: Covid Is Still Ruining My Plans after Freedom Day
- Episode 9: How Covid Can Still Ruin Your Plans
- Episode 8: Swimming, nursery, sickness, and Covid testing
- Episode 7: Taking a Toddler Out and About
- Episode 6: Self-Care
- Episode 5: Nursery
- Episode 4: Eating
- Goal-getting and all that
- Finding motivation on your commute through podcasts
- Reflections on my first year as an Avon Representative
- I’m obsessed with Build-A-Bear and I need help
- Making plans after a couple of uncertain years
- One of many posts about The Beastie Boys
- Do I Really Have a Book Inside of Me?
- On losing our last Golden Girl
- Don’t Look Up – a dark comedy with so much more
- How to start 2022 with writing goals
Awesome bllog you have here