Today, despite the sun, I’m staying in. Yesterday I took a walk to the park to pick up a bike that a local couple was selling. The girl had only used it twice and they wanted only half for what I could have gotten a new one in about the same condition. It’s purple too! The only problem now is, I need to get a pump, lock and get use to riding again since it’s been a year maybe since I was last on my Trek. I attempted to ride the new one in the park but it was just too hard on my legs. I know lack of practice is part of it but this was really difficult after a while. So I ended up walking with it back home. This picture was taken after I had to call Steve at work to ask exactly how you get out of the glorious maze that the huge Saltwell Park is. I promised Steve that I wouldn’t take the bike onto the street and would just ride it on the sidewalk and in the park. However, we have hills here. Lots of hills. So it’s hard to just take a ride anywhere. There are slender overpass sidewalks that require non-biking as well. But no matter, it’s exciting to have a bike again. Last weekend Steve got my gym membership at The Leisure Centre so I have to still set up my induction for using the gym equipment. I’m staying inside today because that big walk and insanely hard bike ride made my legs tire out a lot. Tomorrow I’ll head to the bike shop for the pump and the lock. The gym induction will be soon after.
Suzanne Schultz Pick
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, podcaster, technological princess.
- The Tales of Missus P.
- Jack's Mum
- Jack's Mum Podcast
Jack’s Mum (my podcast)
- Mommy hood and toddler days
- Happy New Year! It’s time to start preschool.
- Episode 12: Getting a toddler ready for Christmas
- Episode 11: After Covid we're getting on with things
- Episode 10: Covid Is Still Ruining My Plans after Freedom Day
- Episode 9: How Covid Can Still Ruin Your Plans
- Episode 8: Swimming, nursery, sickness, and Covid testing
- Episode 7: Taking a Toddler Out and About
- Episode 6: Self-Care
- Episode 5: Nursery
- Goal-getting and all that
- Finding motivation on your commute through podcasts
- Reflections on my first year as an Avon Representative
- I’m obsessed with Build-A-Bear and I need help
- Making plans after a couple of uncertain years
- One of many posts about The Beastie Boys
- Do I Really Have a Book Inside of Me?
- On losing our last Golden Girl
- Don’t Look Up – a dark comedy with so much more
- How to start 2022 with writing goals
Awesome bllog you have here