Today, despite the sun, I’m staying in. Yesterday I took a walk to the park to pick up a bike that a local couple was selling. The girl had only used it twice and they wanted only half for what I could have gotten a new one in about the same condition. It’s purple too! The only problem now is, I need to get a pump, lock and get use to riding again since it’s been a year maybe since I was last on my Trek. I attempted to ride the new one in the park but it was just too hard on my legs. I know lack of practice is part of it but this was really difficult after a while. So I ended up walking with it back home. This picture was taken after I had to call Steve at work to ask exactly how you get out of the glorious maze that the huge Saltwell Park is. I promised Steve that I wouldn’t take the bike onto the street and would just ride it on the sidewalk and in the park. However, we have hills here. Lots of hills. So it’s hard to just take a ride anywhere. There are slender overpass sidewalks that require non-biking as well. But no matter, it’s exciting to have a bike again. Last weekend Steve got my gym membership at The Leisure Centre so I have to still set up my induction for using the gym equipment. I’m staying inside today because that big walk and insanely hard bike ride made my legs tire out a lot. Tomorrow I’ll head to the bike shop for the pump and the lock. The gym induction will be soon after.
Married to Steve. Mother of Jack. Librarian IT Assistant. Writer, teacher, blogger, technological princess.
- Baby Swimming Blues
- It’s time to write about being a mother
- Jack’s been doing well with a schedule.
- Since it was rainy and windy again today, Jack and I took another car ride.
- Jack and I took a ride in the car today since it was raining.
- Yesterday was a good day for Florida and The Space Coast.
- The last two days, we’ve enjoyed the sunshine by taking walks around the neighbourhood.
- Friday is a bank holiday to coincide with VE Day.